HOW TO RECEIVE YOUR SHIPMENT
Following these procedures and best practices will help ensure that your shipment is received, reviewed, and unpacked properly, which will reduce issues and increase accuracy. Read each item carefully, and apply this guide to your receiving process.
- Ensure that the pallet or box count matches your invoice and bill of lading. Take note of all pallet and box identification numbers.
- Review the delivery receipt and sign only for services performed like liftgate, inside delivery, or residential delivery. Keep a copy of your delivery receipt.
- If you have the ability, check the weight of what you received against the weight on the bill of lading. If the weight has a large discrepancy, count the inventory to confirm.
- Inspect the condition. If there are signs of excessive damage created by obvious carrier negligence, take pictures while goods are in the trailer. It is OK to view and inspect inventory while still in the trailer.
- If there is damage created by obvious carrier negligence, take detailed notes. Describe the issues, including pallet ID, on the delivery receipt or BOL.
- Carefully unload and unpack your order. Be careful not to damage or misplace inventory that has already been received.
- Keeping in mind the original auction lot condition description, if further inspection reveals product excessive damage, stop. Document the issues, take pictures, and submit details via the ‘Problem’ link on the ‘My Orders’ page. Exclude salvage from this process.
- Keep copies of all forms and pictures for your records and be able to provide them to the assigned mediator and submit details via the ‘Problem’ link on the ‘My Orders’ page.
- It is OK to perform these steps while the driver is waiting. You have up to 2 hours allocated for a truckload delivery, and up to 30 minutes for LTL.
- Do not refuse the shipment. Take the steps outlined in this document. Refused shipping costs will not be refunded.
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. All disputes must be filed within 4 business days of delivery.